sunnuntai 21. lokakuuta 2012

Why do I have dogs? By Tony Knight


Jan Fennellin poika, koirakuuntelija Tony Knight lupautui toimimaan blogissani vierailijakirjoittajana. Hän kertoo miksi hänellä on koiria ja miksi hän rakastaa olla koirakuuntelija. 

I guess it was always inevitable that I would be a dog owner as an adult. For as long as I can remember,
dogs have always been an important part of the family. My mum Jan Fennell used to breed and show English Springers (she occasionally ventured into the world of other breeds like German Shepherds, Beagles and Pointers) but the spaniels were always the favourite. 

My first dog as a child was Sandy, a gorgeous dark orange and white Cocker Spaniel. She was that little bit smaller than all the other cockers, so right up until she passed away in her teens she was always mistaken for a puppy. She used to sleep on (or mostly under) my bed at night. She was very timid and would even squeal while going to the toilet. I used to think she was a weakling until one time she accidentally ripped one of her claws out. Blood was everywhere and she didn’t flinch. I don’t think I would have done the same…

I currently have two Springers of completely different personalities. In fact, their birthdays accurately have a lot to say about them. Kez was born on Valentine’s Day, and nobody loves a cuddle like him. He loves nothing more than being adored, and will snort like a cat purrs when he gets a fuss. Pru, his daughter, was born on Hallowe’en. That’s all I am saying…I love them both to pieces and together we have had many adventures together. They both have Pet Passports as I live in France, and due to my work as a tutor of Amichien Bonding sometimes they have been as well travelled as me. 

What I love about being a Dog Listener is being to tell people that my own dogs ask me questions all the time, but I am able to give them the right answers when they do. It also means that they can trust me with the decisions in the big, wide world. Thanks to their passports, that is sometimes very big and very wide…

The Dog Listener Tony Knight



Tony & his dogs

Ps. Suunnittelemme Tony Knightin ja kollegani koirakuuntelija Mari Koskisen kanssa Tonyn luentoa järjestettäväksi Helsingissä keväällä 2013!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti